Parent Guidance Center has become the parent advocacy leader in Texas – analyzing what’s wrong with the child welfare system, bringing the parent voice to the table, recommending changes to policies and procedures, determining where money should be spent, and opposing negative parent legislation while supporting better legislation for families. We attend meetings, sit on committees, participate in roundtable discussions, train and consult with attorneys, and keep the parent voice in the forefront of high-level strategic discussions about CPS reform.
If you are a parent involved with child protective services (CPS) and need help, please see the links to Services under the Information menu above for more case-specific help.
10 Reasons why you may NOT
have donated to Parent Guidance Center yet . . .
1) You think you will never be falsely accused of abusing your child, so probably don’t need your rights protected.
2) You assume parents accused of abuse and/or neglect are automatically assigned legal counsel.
3) You think parents involved with CPS must have done something or CPS would not get involved.
4) You weren’t aware that the state of Texas makes money every time a poor child is removed by CPS.
5) You also weren’t aware that the state of Texas makes money every time a child gets adopted instead of going home.
6) You had no idea only 30% of children removed by CPS go home in the state of Texas each year.
7) You assume that CPS helps parents complete their service plans and only terminates parental rights when absolutely necessary and with plenty of evidence.
8) You did not know that children are MORE likely to be abused in foster care than at home.
9) You were not aware of the fact that the majority of children are removed for NEGLECT, which is often related to poverty, not abuse.
10) You didn’t know that Parent Guidance Center has been protecting your parental rights for FREE for the past 10 years!
Now that you are informed, please donate to PGC so we can continue ensuring that parental rights remain in tact for at least another 10 years.
HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY Parent Guidance Center!